Friday, July 6, 2012

Stuck Sketch

Here is more of my daughter at her 6th grade graduation.  I loved the circles in the July 1 sketch from Stuck Sketches.  I had this big circlular embellishment that I had been wanting to use.  It was perfect for this sketch.

I blotted soem white paint near some of the circles.  Since it didn't really show up I got my blue paint out.  The blue showed up much better.  I also used my blue paint to freehand my title on my page.  I also used some white paint to go around the edges of most of my circles.  You can see a close up here.

I was all done the LO.  Then the next day when I went to put the LO away I thought it should have some depth on the page.  I decided it needed something to go with the graduation theme.  I made the graduation hat using a small square of black paper.  I put a brad in the middle and then wrapped some embroidery thread around the brad.  I tied it so that it would stay in place.

Thanks for looking.



3 comments:

  1. Love your blue paint:)
    Thanks so much for playing along with Stuck?!Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Phillis, I can't tell you how much I love hand drawn titles and hand made embellishments. that grad hat is too too cute! What a memorable page this will be in years to come :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely page and the grad hat looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete