Sunday, November 18, 2012

Manatee Park

The Warm-Up #33 from ScrapFit is SMEAR & SMUDGE SOME PAINT.  Well I certainly used some paint! 
  • I used my new bottle of Gesso paint.  I had bought it a few days before.  I opened the bottle and poured some paint onto my cardstock.  I then used my paintbrush to move the paint across the paper.  I then had this idea to use some beads in the wet paint on one end of the pushed paint. 
  • I let this dry for a few days (and I had to work at my real job).  Then I looked for some photos taken near water.  Well that proved more difficult than I thought.  I found this one from last April when our family went to Fort Myers in Florida.  The photo is mostly of the walkway with the water next to it.  My husband and kids are at the end of the dock.
  • I cut some strips of blue paper from my scraps.  I used several of my border punches to put a pretty edge on each of them.
  • I layered these strips behind the photo.  I got his idea from friend scrapbookers.
  • I added a title/journal box.
  • I wanted some other color so I added the two reddish birds to the bottom of the page.
  • Voila, my LO was finished. 


1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful layout! I love your paint smearing...and those beads are so pretty! I may have to try that soon. Thanks so much for working out with us at ScrapFIT :)

    ReplyDelete