Thursday, July 31, 2014

I am joining Pixels and Paper DT

I am so excited to be joining the design team at  Pixels and Paper Challenge blog.  Pixels and Paper is an international challenge blog dedicated equally to those who like to work with paper and those who prefer pixels (and any who dabble in both). Each month there is a challenge inspiration from a source of paper and pixels - photography!

The August inspiration photo is below.

The part of the photo that I was drawn to was the colors of the wool on the sheep.  I wanted to use bright pastels in my LO.  I used the paper with the circles that had the progression of colors and matched the butterflies with the same colors.  This page is our family easter egg coloring.  It is a tradition to color eggs at my moms' with as many of the grandchildren as can attend.

I like to use pop dots to make some of my embellishments raised off the page.  The butterflies appear to fly upward on my page.  I used transparency hexagons as my title.  They tell how the kids enjoy easter egg coloring and look forward to what the Easter Bunny will bring at Grandma's house on Easter morning.  The colors were a perfect match with the butterflies and the journaling box. 

  

The smiles on the faces of the kids show what a good time everyone was having.

1 comment:

  1. You are very deserving! I love using pop dots too, the color inspiration is great. Congrats! :-)

    ReplyDelete