Friday, May 1, 2015

Happy National Scrap Day

There are lots of challenges on this first day of May

At Kitchen Keepsake

Today I wanted to stir things up a bit.  I made my recipe page for Stir Fry.  This is  meal that I never made much until the past couple of years.  I found that everyone eats it and there is usually no complaining.  It uses very little meat, or even left over meat, in a pinch.  Whatever fresh vegetables I have I can cut up and put in it.  If someone at my house doesn't like on of these veggies they can leave it in the pan.



When I created my LO I chose one of the main colors in my photo and used this for my focus.  I chose the orange of the carrots to be my focus.  I them searched through the many left over embellishments and scraps of paper to find whatever was orange.  Then from these I chose the ones I wanted for my LO.

My challenge for you is to pick one color from your photo or photos as your focus.  Then use as many scraps of paper and embellishments that have that main color and use them on your LO.
Kitchen Keepsake Challenges

At Turtle Soup

I made some paper flowers to put on my LO.



I cut  a 12 inch strip of 3/4 inch wide paper.  I then sprayed the strips with water.  The then accordion folded the paper in a circle making each path wider than the first. Then I glued them onto a small piece a of paper and lastly added some glue in between the layers.  I put one of my punches on top to weigh them down while they were drying.

I put  a gold foil sticker onto my page where I wanted the flower to be.  Then I glued the flower on top.


So go ahead and make a flower using paper.  You can try to make it like I made mine or make it your own way.  You make a layout, card, tag or other altered project.  NSD MIni Crop at Turtle Soup

At Pixels and Paper


The inspiration photo for this month of May.

I was immediately drawn to the blue of the birds and the patterns. I had just opened a paper pack that had this blue pattern on it. I was also wanted to do something of women with the girl on the pattern. So chose these photos of me, my sister and mom, and my mom alone. I used the red and yellow as accent colors to go along with these colors on the pattern.



No comments:

Post a Comment